As children, we have been brought up to dislike the name of a dental clinic and despise the idea of visiting a dentist. This does not come as much of a surprise, since we are held back from consuming our favorite candies and food items, in the name of monstrous dentists and the horrible dental procedures that they carry out. It is pretty obvious then, why children, at least, hate the idea of visiting a dental clinic and getting their teeth checked. As far as adults are concerned, time becomes a sparse resource, which we of course, never to find or make available when we want to visit a dentist, or rather, when we need to. While we maintain our stance about being occupied and busy with other matters, our teeth never wait to undergo damage and decay. Like they say, no one stops for another, to do what they are supposed to do. Likewise, our teeth, which are always prone to undergoing decay, are operational at all times of the day, prone to catching an infection.
Did you know that the more you avoid visiting a dental clinic for getting your teeth assessed, the more you risk putting them in the way of permanent damage? If your interest is roused by the severity of the matter, read on to find out why you should not delay visiting a dentist for a regular check up.
What happens during a dental visit?
No matter how often you would like to ignore the importance of a dental visit, the truth remains that visiting your dentist is of paramount importance, if you wish to maintain your teeth in good shape and health. As recommended by the American Dental Association (ADA), one must make it a point to visit their dentist once every six months.
During a dental visit, your dentist will ideally carry out an examination of your teeth and if required, proceed to carry out a cleaning procedure as well. Most dental professionals begin by checking for cavities in the mouth, for which they might perform an X ray to detect hidden cavities in between the teeth. The examination will also include detection of plaque and tartar on the surface of the teeth. Plaque can become tartar when the sticky layer of bacteria hardens, when not removed. Unfortunately, tartar cannot be removed by brushing and flossing alone and happen to be the top reason why a person contracts oral infections.
At the next stage, a dentist examines your gums and analyses the depth of spaces between your teeth and gums. This space is supposed to be a shallow one if your teeth are healthy however, if these spaces are deeper, it indicates possibility of gum diseases.
Ideally, you should also ask your dentist to examine your tongue throat and neck, which might hold signs of some or the other form of swelling, pointing towards more grave problems in your body.
At the next stage, your dentist will proceed to clean your teeth. Although, you can always remove and get rid of normal plaque with a regular routine of brushing and flossing your teeth, you will need to rely upon your dentist’s special cleaning tools to get rid of the tartar which has built up on your teeth, a process normally known by the name of scaling, in the dental world.
If your dentist is required to carry out a scaling procedure on your teeth, he might also be required to polish your teeth afterwards. A gritty paste will be used by him for this purpose. The purpose of the paste is to remove stains from the surface of your teeth. At last, your dentist will complete the cleaning procedure by flossing your teeth to make sure that the area between your teeth is clean and healthy.
Now that you know what exactly goes down during a dental visit, here’s what you need to know about the importance of these dental visits.
Why is it important to go for regular dental check ups?
Somehow, we humans do not really bother about something as long as we feel comfortable about the non happening of an event. For this reason, perhaps, the thought of going for a dental visit does not really strike our minds, unless we face a dental issue which goes beyond repair with usual brushing and flossing.
Therefore, we would like to arouse your knowledge and interest about the matter of the importance of visiting your dentist on time, if you wish to keep your teeth healthy and safe.
- Usual plaque and tartar: While you brush and floss your teeth on a regular basis, you might be led to believe that your teeth are clean and healthy. However, the reality behind your teeth is that there are some stubborn traces of plaque and tartar, which are hard, and sometimes impossible to remove through brushing and flossing. This is the most common and obvious reason why you need to see a dentist timely, for the right professional help in removing all traces of plaque and tartar. At Lasting Impressions Dental Spa, specialists Dr Isaac Kashani and his team, are dedicated to help their patients by providing the best cleaning dental procedures. They also help you adopt a regular dental routine which keeps new away new cavities from forming. We cannot stress enough how important it is to visit a dentist on time and get all cavities, plaque and tartar removed from your teeth. We would always suggest you to place an appointment beforehand so that your dentist can devote enough time to your dental procedure.
- X raying your teeth to find hidden problems: Not all dental troubles can become apparent on the face of it, simply by looking at your teeth in a mirror. The most important reason why a dentist should have a look at your teeth is that he will be able to conduct an X ray and examine what is wrong with your teeth or better still, find hidden cavities in your teeth. You might not even realize how these hidden problems might be impacting your teeth on a routine basis. However, an X ray can bring out any such hidden problem with your teeth and help your dentist suggest an early course of diagnosis for the same. At Lasting Impressions Dental Spa, we recommend a timely and routine dental check up routine to every patient.
- Gum diseases and gingivitis: while tartar is just the tip of the iceberg, in the long term, it can lead to development of gum diseases and begin affecting the gum tissue. When we refer to it in infected terms, gum diseases are called gingivitis and like all dental problems, it is best to address them at the earliest. The reason behind this is possible swelling of gums and bleeding from the gum tissue, once the infection advances to take a mammoth shape. This will the ultimate signal, pointing towards possibility of gum disease. If you wish to avoid undergoing a surgery in the long run, it is best to address gum diseases at an early stage. This can be done only by visiting a professional and experienced dentist, when you notice the first signs of any trouble with your teeth. At Lasting Impressions Dental Spa, you can always check in with Dr Isaac Kashani and his team for qualified advice on gum diseases.
- Cosmetic care: The world of dentistry does not only aid you with decaying and infectious teeth. By visiting a good dentist, you can also get your teeth altered in terms of their appearance. For many people, the way their teeth appear, becomes a major hindrance to their self-confidence and self-esteem. We would always want that you may not have to face the same dip in your confidence ever, which is why you should come to Lasting Impressions Dental Spa and seek the expert advice of Dr Isaac Kashani for possible options. A dentist can help you identify the underlying cause of your teeth’s peculiar appearance, which is part of the solution for managing the way they appear.
- Preventing root canals: Did you know that you might even have to get your teeth removed from its place altogether, should the underlying nerves become damaged? Well, that sure sounds like a hell lot pain, isn’t it? There is a very easy and simple way to avoid such condition and that is to simply visit a dentist and let him check your teeth for early signs of problems in the nerves of your roots. If they are detected at an early stage, they can be treated accordingly and prevented. This means that your entire tooth and its structure can be protected from untimely removal. Isn’t this a good enough reason for you to visit Lasting Impressions Dental Spa today and get your teeth evaluated by one of our experts!
- Smoking and oral health: If you are a regular smoker, you may want to get your teeth checked by an experienced dentist every now and then. Smoking can lead to anything from simple staining of teeth to decaying gums, which is of course, very detrimental to your overall tooth health. Therefore, in order to evaluate on a regular basis, if your teeth are fine and there are no impending signs of damage to them, it is very important to visit Lasting Impressions Dental Spa and get your teeth evaluated by Dr Isaac Kashani and his team.
- Cancer detection: There are many ways in which oral cancer might manifest itself but it is not always easy to detect it at an early stage, which is all the more reason why it can advance to a deadly point and pose a threat to your life. Dentists at Lasting Impressions Dental Spa are trained to detect and look for any such signs, and give you a healthy chance at life. You should walk in to your dental clinic every six months and ask your dentist to assess you for any signs of oral cancer. Only by remaining alert and cautious about your health, can you be truly protected against the impending signs of cancer.
- Node check: Every dentist is trained to evaluate not only your teeth, but also your mouth, gums, and tongue, for any signs of oral cancer. Also, they can check your mouth for ant abnormalities, which would usually point towards any impending problems that could become a trouble later.
Hopefully, these factors would have aroused your interest in maintaining a healthy set of teeth and also at ensuring that you visit your dentist every now and then. Let us proceed to know what more you should be aware about, when it comes to regular dental checkups.
What to do in between two dental visits?
You must be thinking about the caution and care that you must observe in between two dental visits, in order to ensure that your teeth remain in good shape and healthy. Take note for the same below:
- Make sure that you are brushing your teeth twice every day. This is nonnegotiable since your teeth would not wait for you to catch up to a healthy routine before falling for an infection.
- Make sure that you make use of a toothpaste which contains the adequate amount of fluoride and other necessary components.
- Make use of a floss on a daily basis and use the right way to floss your teeth for optimum results. If required, do not abstain from using a mouth wash as well, which can take care of bacteria build up in the mouth and keep bad breath away.
- If you face any problem with your teeth, be it any pain or swelling and if you feel that something about your teeth is not quite right, make sure that you visit your dentist again and seek their help.
Are dental check ups worth the effort? The lowdown
The only thing that dentists may be concerned with, is not to fix your teeth alone. They are trained and possess expertise at professional maintenance of their patient’s teeth and detecting any signs of damage and decay, which are easy for a non professional to miss. Visiting a dentist is important to keep dental problems under control and ensure that they do not go unnoticed. They can help you put your dental routine straight and adopt a healthy lifestyle for an equally healthy set of teeth. A dentist can devise a proper routine for taking care of your teeth and help you identify the holes that might require plugging, if you face a recurring dental issue.
This is why, it is not one of the best ideas to skip a dental appointment. While it might seem to be something very normal and okay, it might cost you in the long run. Oral issues are prone to developing silently and behind the bars, which is reason enough why you should get professional help for evaluating the state of your teeth on a routine basis. You may not be able to notice the state of your teeth while staring at the mirror but the fact remains that with every meal that goes into your mouth and every sip of your favorite sweet drink, you invite more bacteria in your teeth. The least you could do on a daily basis, is to clean your teeth carefully and religiously, which would help you avoid half the problems, for which people are usually forced to spend their money at a dental clinic, availing a lengthy dental procedure.
Lasting Impressions Dental Spa is committed to deliver satisfactory results with every dental appointment that falls with us. We are a leading dental destination in this locality and wish to lead by example. This is why we are equipped holistically with every advanced tool and machinery, which helps us in delivering the latest dental treatment to our patients. We are also equipped with a panel of dentists, who hail from reputable universities and hold the highest accolades and degrees to justify their dental experience and training. Together, we attend to patients in the environs of Encino and ensure that our patients do not face any problem whatsoever, while getting their treatment administered from us. We highly recommend a routinely dental check up to all our patients and if you are new to our doorstep, we gladly welcome you to a world of holistic dental care, where every patient is treated with the highest degree of friendliness and accuracy. We are sure that our dentists will not give you a chance to feel unsatisfied with their services. We are available round the clock, to answer all your dental queries and help you recover from any dental condition that might be holding you back from enjoying your routine life. Allow us a chance to help you lead a healthy life, with a healthy state of teeth that make you confident.